Thursday 28 May 2009

Fancy a treat?

One of the things I missed most about France were pastries. I'd often daydream about dunking a croissant in my a chocolate or savouring a pain au chocolat to the last crumb. Then I found out about his place, La Renaissance, thanks to one of my former housemates who worked there. Ever since then, my life has never been the same! The pastries are simply to die for! They taste exactly like the ones "back home". Unfortunately for my hips, fortunately for my tastebuds the patisserie is not too far from where I work and a weekly pastry run has become very popular in the office! Yum :)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Ah ... walked past that last week without realising its significance. I went to the website and read the story of its establishment by Pierre Charkos. Fascinating. And they are opening another one further down George St towards the Bridge.

Business must be booming ...

FSS said...

Business is good thanks to ME :) ..and a few others! Stay away from this place because once you try you're hooked! I'm only kidding ..

MaryL said...

j'ai faim!!!!

Lisa & Momo said...

ravie de t'avoir fait découvrir ce lieu, et désolé pour les hanches!!!
merci pour tes blogs, je garde un pied en Australie (et j'en ai déjà un à Paris...)biz