Saturday 6 June 2009

Australia Day


I don't mean the official Australia Day, which is on 26 January.. I'm talking about MY Australia Day. 3 years ago I was landing on these shores, super excited about this new adventure and not deterred by the pouring rain that greeted me.

How many more Australia Days will I celebrate?? Who knows?? Maybe one day I will swear allegiance to this coat of arms! You might wonder why a kangaroo and an emu were the chosen ones to represent the nation. Well, they are a symbol of progress because they only move forward, never backwards.

4 comments:

Ann said...

I didn't know that. Happy Anniversary!

Ann said...

ps: Have you eaten them - they are very good :)

FSS said...

Thank you Ann! I only tried kangaroo - a bit too gamey for my tastebuds, pity because it's healthy and cheap!

Julie said...

Congratulations! Three years is a long time ... Interesting to even think of a kangaroo moving backwards: I did not know that either about the reason for the choice.