The St Kilda Pavilion is an historic kiosk located at the end of St Kilda Pier built in 1904, originally known as Parer's Pavilion and later renamed Kirby's Kiosk but locally known as St Kilda Kiosk.
An accurate reconstruction of the fire-destroyed heritage St Kilda Pier Kiosk building has been reopened and is welcoming new friends and old to the St Kilda Pier once again.
Original kiosk plans from 1903, historic photos and surviving iron lacework from the arson-destroyed kiosk were used as guides to faithfully reproduce the look of the original historic and much loved structure. The original kiosk was devastated by fire on 11 September 2003.
Additions include a café out back and an observation deck up top. Along the length of the pier interactive panels tell the pier's history. The kiosk complex now sits on a concrete slab supported by 29 new timber pylons, to ensure minimum wear and movement. Here's to another 99 plus years.
Source: Only Melbourne website